Monday, August 15, 2011

Over Hill, Over Dale

All you Army folks out there will remember this one..."over hill,over dale, we will hit the dusty trail..." How come the trail has to be dusty? What gives? Is this akin to "anything worth doing is worth doing well?" And how come I am always thinking in riddles or rhymes? Is there an issue here?

Well... back to the dusty trail... For me, it was dusty & hot & tiring...at first. However, the longer I have walked this trail that God has placed me on, it has become easier, fun & actually pleasant. How did I find this trail you ask. Well it wasn't easy. Before I even arrived at the dusty trail, there was the dark & gloomy & stinky trail. In the vernacular...that one sucked. Everyday on that trail was difficult. Nothing happened according to MY plans. Of course, for me, my method of handling disappointment was to fuss (translate scream) louder...but the trail stayed the same...dark, dank & like a dungeon. I walked that way (for a long time) until I gave up, sat down on the trail & said, "God I can't do this any longer." It was almost as if He was waiting for me to surrender! Another trail opened up. Not very glamorous looking but better than the one I was currently on. I decided to change trails.

Was it worth the risk? Yes. Was the new trail hard? Yes. Am I glad I hit that dusty trail? Yes. I did not know in the beginning that my life would blossom, but the dusty trail was better than the dark & gloomy trail where I had been. Today I have peace, joy & love in my life and a lush, beautiful trail to follow.

Are you facing change? Perhaps it is a good thing. Sometimes a trail that is dusty at the beginning will lead you to peace & contentment. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment