Saturday, August 13, 2011

There Was a Little Girl...

A favorite nursery rhyme goes, "There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. And when she was good, she was very, very good and when she was bad, she was HORRID!"

Makes one think, doesn't it? Or..maybe not. Well, it was a silly notion anyway...that we have a choice.  A choice of how we want to be in life. Much of my life I allowed circumstances to control me. Was someone angry with me, I'd be angry with them. When afraid... I became a screaming, crazy woman. Probably akin to the HORRID girl with the curl. Ask my hubby & kids.

But with Jesus & the help of a 12 step program, my life changed. I was given choices. Seeing as how what I had been doing had given me terrible results, the choice of learning how to behave differently was easy. The decision was easy but, the work to learn new ways has been (still is) hard. Was it worth it? YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment