Friday, July 22, 2011

If The Shoe Fits

As soon as I posted my last blog, another phrase "popped" into my mind. I thought...really? And I tried to ignore it. Finally I asked myself, why was I ignoring this strange urge to write? Hadn't I created this place so I could comment? What was holding me back? Sloth...yup. Good ole American laziness. If I write about this phrase, then another might show up. Duh..isn't that the idea.

Now that you have a glimpse of my erratic thinking, here goes...

We old timers know the rest of the phrase: "If the shoe fits... wear it." Why would anyone want to wear a shoe that didn't fit? Why would anyone suffer pain from the pinching of a shoe too small or the rubbing of one too large. Wouldn't that person stop and take off that shoe? You would think.

Yet, I submit, we suffer daily in our everyday lives. We say we are fine when we are not...ouch. We offer to help with a project when our time is limited.. pinch, pinch. We ignore our health, finances, relationships etc. We suffer pinching pain in our lives. Why don't we stop & take off the "shoe" that doesn't fit & find one that does?

No comments:

Post a Comment