Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tis The Season To Be Jolly

It has been a while since I posted anything. That's my nature...get off to a start & then fold. I don't want that to happen this time. Perseverance, keep on keeping on & all that stuff...anyway...

Usually a phrase gets "stuck" in my mind & stays there, hovering around until I write. Well, the phrase "tis the season to be jolly" appeared in my mind about a month ago...right about the time the pastor of my church passed away suddenly, tragically, unexpectedly. Darn. How could this possibly be the season to be jolly? It's not.

The main advantage I see in growing old is, finally, realizing I do not have to please anyone. I can be sad. I can be mad. Feelings are neither right nor wrong, they just are. So, even if my own mind is the one telling me to "be" a certain way, I can choose otherwise.

This is just a season...seasons pass on...seasons change. That's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment